Sprinkler Systems in Commercial Buildings Can Improve Fire Safety
Fire is a major concern for business owners. Commercial fires can lead to injury or death of employees, damaged merchandise and equipment, lost records, and quite possibly, the permanent closure of the business.
Sprinkler systems in commercial building are one factor that improves fire safety in the workplace. Commercial buildings of all kinds should be equipped with a sprinkler system.
But how does a business owner know the sprinkler system requirements for his building? Fireline.com conveniently outlines sprinkler system requirements on their website.
According to the website, here are some of the requirements of the National Fire Protection Association for commercial sprinkler systems:
- Buildings more than 55 feet high must have sprinkler systems.
- Any new building with a fire area of more than 5000 square feet must have sprinklers.
- Fire pumps should be installed to increase the amount of pressure in a single sprinkler system.
- Fire pumps should be housed in a separate building whenever possible.
- Water supply control valves should be accessible for easy operation.
There is never a convenient time for a fire disaster to strike a business. But SERVPRO of Northwest Cincinnati understands that in the unfortunate event of a fire, it is important to provide excellent service while minimizing the disruption to the daily operations of the business. We are always here to help in the event of a commercial fire. CLICK HERE to learn more about our expert commercial restoration services. Keep your business safe!