Take Precautions to Avoid Frozen Pipes
With the extremely cold temperatures that we sometimes experience in our area during the winter months, we often receive customer calls for water damage restoration due to frozen and burst pipes. In order to help prevent falling victim to such a water disaster, there are some precautions that can be taken:
- Install insulation sleeves around exposed pipes that are prone to freezing.
- Use caulking to seal any cracks or holes on outside walls and foundations near water pipes.
- Keep cabinet doors open to allow warm air to circulate around pipes.
- Keep slow trickles of water flowing through the faucets.
- Drain water from sprinkler systems and pool supply lines.
- Remove and drain garden hoses.
If, even after taking these precautions, you do experience water damage to your property, always remember that the SERVPRO of Northwest Cincinnati water technicians are Here to Help! We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to respond to your water restoration needs.