Follow Grilling Safety Tips to Help Avoid Fires
It's later in the summer season, but still time for family picnics and outdoor grilling. According to the U.S. Fire Administration, grill fires cause an estimated $37 million in property loss each year. Patios, terraces, screened-in porches and courtyards are leading home locations for grill fires.
SERVPRO of Northwest Cincinnati would like to share the following grilling safety tips to help prevent outdoor cooking fire damage.
- Only use grills outdoors
- Keep grills away from siding and deck railings.
- Clean grills often and remove grease or fat build-up.
- Make sure the gas grill lid is open before lighting.
- Always have a three foot safe-zone around grills.
- Dispose of coals after they have cooled in a metal can.
- Never leave grills unattended.
Knowing and following even a few fire safety grilling tips can help everyone have a safer and happier summer. In the event that you experience a grilling mishap and have a fire damage situation at your home, give us a call for quick, professional help!
SERVPRO of Northwest Cincinnati (513) 541-3200