Dont neglect furnace maintenance
With the cold, winter months among us, now is the time to make sure your home heating system is working properly. Like most things, safe and efficient operation is a function of regular maintenance and check-ups. There are several things you can do to keep your heating system in top working condition.
- Clean or replace the filter: A clogged filter causes the furnace to work much harder and deliver less heat!
- Make sure blower doors are replaced.
- Check the systems belts: Replace any belts that are worn or cracked.
- Check and make sure vents in the home are clear.
- Ensure that the exhaust flue to the outside of the home is clear.
These are just a few tips to help maintain a home’s furnace system. But regular maintenance and periodic checkups by a licensed heating professional are also beneficial for your furnace to remain efficient. Don’t wait until it is too late and risk having a break down when you need your furnace the most!