Let the Professionals Do the Work!
After facing a fire damage situation, some homeowners might think they can save some money by handling the cleanup themselves. But what many do not realize is that exposure to soot can possibly have negative effects on health.
Soot is the fine black particles composed of carbon and produced by the incomplete combustion of coal, oil, wood, or other fuels. It can consist of toxic acids, chemicals, metals, soils, and dust. The toxic composition coupled with the fact that soot particles are extremely tiny is what can make it dangerous. The airborne particles are virtually invisible so one can unknowingly be affected by inhalation or ingestion. It can travel into the lungs and bloodstream.
So unfortunately, safety risks from a fire do not end once the fire is out. During the fire damage restoration process, it is important to have proper safety equipment and ventilation procedures to ensure the safety of those exposed. The SERVPRO of Northwest Cincinnati technicians have specialized fire damage restoration training and expertise to handle the cleanup in a safe and effective manner. So if you are faced with a fire damage situation, let the professionals do the work! Call us at (513)541-3200 and we can make it “Like it never even happened.”