Happy Memorial Day from SERVPRO of Northwest Cincinnati & Happy Grilling Season!
Memorial Day is a day set aside to honor the men and women who died while serving in the U.S. military. SERVPRO of Northwest Cincinnati would like to first take this opportunity to remember and pay tribute to those that so unselfishly gave their lives to provide us with the freedom we enjoy.
Unofficially, Memorial Day marks the beginning of the summer season. And with the summer season, comes family picnics and outdoor grilling. When raising the lid to your grill this season, you may be surprised at what you find hiding inside…MOLD!
Mold thrives in a moist environment with poor air circulation. And a covered grill is just that! If you find mold growing in your grill this spring, grillbilliesbarbecue.com offers several tips to remove the mold and prepare your grill for the grilling season.
How to Remove and Clean Mold from Your Grill:
- Throw away any charcoal and other materials leftover in the grill.
- Fire the grill up as hot as possible to burn off all grease and mold. (If you attempt to scrape it off or power wash it first you may inhale mold spores.)
- Let the grill cool and then scrape and scrub every surface with a brush or a pressure washer. Don’t forget to include the drip pan and grates.
- Wash everything down with soapy water and rinse thoroughly.
- Fire the grill up once again to burn off any mold, grease, and soap residue.
*NOTE: If you have a ceramic grill, DO NOT use degreaser or a pressure washer to clean. For ceramic, only use a plastic scraper and start a hot fire.
So as we enter the summer grilling season, be sure to inspect your grill for mold and take the necessary steps to clean it! Happy Memorial Day and Happy Grilling!